Thursday, April 12

Vonage - Bad service, will steal your money

Vonage - A better phone service for less

We converted to Vonage in 2005 to save money. Free long distance, free voice mail, etc.

The service has never worked as advertised, at times it has not worked well at all, and on at least two occasions we know of, the entire service was down for a day or longer and reporting our number disconnected or no longer in service.

Today was our billing date, so I decided to cancel the service. I called their support, sat on the phone for nearly half an hour, had to argue with the rep in India about how I really wanted to cancel the service and did not want to pay for another month.

She put me on hold, charged my card for the month, then came back and told me that I couldn't get a refund, but she could cancel the service, even though my account was paid till May 11, 2007.

Ok I said, then cancel my account on May 11th.

They cancelled my service today. They refuse to reactivate it or give me a refund. They apopogize for the miscommunication.

$30.77 charged to my card, no service, disconnected a month ahead of schedule.

Stinks of fraud to me. Called my charge card company, I have to wait a couple of days to protest the charge, it has to clear the bank, but I will be doing this.

In the meantime, just want to let my readers know that Vonage's service is awful, their customer reps are decietful, and they are not a good company to entrust with your business.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters