Thursday, January 4

More School System Failure

Ok, I'm on the phone, I'm trying to order needles for my insulin pen from CVS Pharmacy.

I have the girl on the phone, I teller I need the BD Sharps quarter inch thirty one gauge needles.

She says, "We have five sixteenths in stock, is that the same size as quarter inch?"

I said, "No, that is thy the two numbers sound different when you say them, I want quarter inch."

She says, "We also have three sixteenths in stock, are those the same size?"

WTF? I asked, "Don't pharmacists go to college and take at least some basic math courses?"

She said, "Yes."

So I said, "This is really simple grade school math, I want quarter inch needles, not some other size."

I got put on hold, then she eventually came back and said they could not get the quarter inch any more. So I went with the five sixteenths.

Scares me these days what people do not know about basic things you need to survive.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters