Sunday, December 31

Final Post of 2006

Ok, unless something or someone really pisses me off in the next six hours, this will be the last post of 2006. And what a wild year it has been. I have a different job, and three times as many children as I had at the start of the year.

Both of those things have ketp me from posting as much as I would like, but I think things will settle down in 2007 and I'll get back to posting more regularly.

So tonight I am clearing out my folder of photos and videos that I use for prestaging blog posts. What follows is completely random photos from 2006 and one video of my pets.

Enjoy, and be safe tonight. I'll be staying home watching something odd like, A Scanner Darkly, eating freshly made pinto beans and tamales, some beer, then splitting a bottle of champagne with my lovely wife.



This is a photo from a tech visit to a bank in Huntsville, TX. I love the phrase, "The subprocess is probably dead." Yeah, thanks Microsoft for your deep insight into your software crashing. Had to completely replace the Domain Controller for this bank, but was able to salvage Active Directory for them. My boss, who I no longer work for told me what a bad job I did because they purchased new servers from a company that had them in stock instead of my company, which was too cheap to have any stock. I have not missed working for that weasel at all.



Ok, in September I posted a photo of a closed gas station that had a sign in the window saying they had computer problems. Here is that same gas station a month later. I'm not sure what kind of computer problems they were having, but I've never even once required a backhoe to fix a computer problem.



I took this photo of the brand new cranes at the Port Of Houston one day, my wife works there, but only till the end of January, she is going to be a stay at home mommy to all three of our kids starting in February.



This is the Universal Remote Control that I did not get for Christmas. I wanted it so bad. Just don't know why they would waste a button on BOOBS -.

Puzzling.



Ok, this is my most current pet peeve. Various DVDs have started coming with the little tabs you see circled in red. They are a freaking pain in the ass. I own a lot of DVDs. I never had a problem with the cases not staying securely shut, which is the only reason I could think of for adding security, locking tabs. I think I've busted about half of them off of the cases for convienence sake.



Finally, one day while I was playing with my dog, the cat came up from behind and started playing with the dog. The video is a little dark, but pretty entertaining.

Best wishes to you and yours for 2007!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters