Friday, November 10

Working in Support is great!

Ok,

I've been at the new job about six weeks now, and folks are finally finding me for help.

Here are a couple of the better support calls today.

Got an e-mail with this in the body of the message like this:

"I am getting copies on my copier from [location]."

Call me crazy, but getting copies on a copier doesn't seem that out of place. Even if someone is printing and you are unaware that they are printing, this would be normal behavior in my experience.

Then I got a call from someone who moved their laptop to another office. It wouldn't work in the new office. Took a wild guess. Asked if they unplugged the network cable from the wall and into their computer. "Yes," they said. So they plugged their computer to the other computer in the office and wondered whey they couldn't see the network.

Yep! Support is great!

Labels: ,


Comments:
It's nice when you're good at what you do and people appreciate you!!

Best wishes in your new job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters