Thursday, August 3

Obtuse

Ok, this happens at least once a week, might have even blogged about it before...

I have a lot of very well educated, well to do customers.

They call because their internet is down. First step is to have them reset power on their modem and router.

They cannot correctly identify the power connector. Reactions to my instructions of "Turn off the Modem and Router and wait ten seconds and turn them back on," are usually:

1. I can't find the power connections.
2. How do I do that?
3. This Modem / Router does not have a power connection.
4. I unplugged the power, but the Modem / Router did not turn off.
5. If I unplug the Modem / Router won't my computer loose power?

I don't know how these folks function. Nearly everything you buy today comes with some sort of power adapter, so it's not like this should be an unfamiler thing. And what do you say to someone that insists that their electronic device functions magically without being connected to a power source?

I love my job!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters