Tuesday, May 9

My Mind Is Boggled

Last week we performed a server upgrade for one of our customers that runs GFI Mail Essentials for it's SPAM filtering. This upgrade was more of a replacement, and as a result, they have a clean install of SBS 2003 and GFI. This esentailly removed all their SPAM folders till they get more SPAM and all the filters are replaced.

Today I get a call from one of the users, "My SPAM folder is gone, and now I am missing all my important messages I had filed there."

It boggles my mind that users store "Important Messages" in their SPAM and Deleted Items folders. We get calls like this all the time. I can't even imagine what the rest of their lives must be like, but I can try.

Boss comes into the office, "Jones, where is that important contract we've been working on the past few months?" "Uh, boss, I stored it in the waist basket right here on the floor, and that bitch of a maid threw it out..."

SPAM

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters