Wednesday, October 8

Direct TV - The Saga Continues

Woke up yesterday morning, my flaky Direct TV DVR wouldn't work. I had to reset it and remove power for about 15 seconds for it to work. Did the same thing for my wife later in the day.

I called the 800 number and got a message about 5 PM, indicating that they were swamped with calls and aware of this problem.

Today I got the following e-mail from Direct TV:



Yep, that's right, they updated the software in ALL THEIR DVRS AND MADE THEM NON-FUNCTIONAL FOR THE DAY. Stupid. Just plain amazing that a company this large can be so incompetent as to shut down a huge portion of it's customer base with a bad software patch. Irresponsible. Unacceptable. I'm going to give serious consideration now to calling Dish Network about their all HD packages that start at just $24.99. Direct TV doesn't even have a competiting offer like this for me to get what I really want from them either.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I had the same thing happen to me and I got that same e-mail. Everything seems to be back to normal now, except for the lack of service when it rains to hard. I can't complain about the rain too much though. Time Warner cable is so bad here that the same storm that takes out DirecTV will take down the cable as well.

Hope you get everything sorted out!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters