Saturday, September 13

Upsetting news...



It's 5:30 AM, my wife just called, the storm is still raging, she never got the eye. The roof is coming off the house, our kids trampoline is in the neighbors yard, and the windows are leaking. Haven't heard from Grandpa and my oldest boy yet.

Then I called my dad, he lives about 5 miles away. He has no damage he can detect right now, but said the eye wall rent right over him and it was really violent. Think the same thing probably happened to my house.

We left the Firewall, MPLS Router and one Server up at our office. I can ping that server through the VPN, so it sounds like our office building is surviving.

Got 4.5 hours of sleep, guess I'm up now, wonder if there is an open Starbucks in walking distance. Need coffee and valium.


Update 10:00 AM:

My wife sent this via her camera phone. This is lookiing out the side window of our house, the area to the right of the fence is the neighbor's yard, the crumpled blue & black thing is our destroyed trampoline. There are trees down, the fence is down in places, and the black stuff in the grass is pieces of our roof. She is putting out buckets to catch the rainwater as it comes into the house. This just sucks more and more.

Labels:


Comments:
Holy cripes. Hopefully everything will turn out OK. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.
 
Thanks Jake, things here have been mondo crazy. I've been getting sleep at night, but not good sleep. I need some Valium or something to knock me out I think.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters