Monday, September 15

Update - And am I tired..

I'm back at work today. Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes about our situation here with Ike.

I'm at work today, our corporate Interenet connection has gone away, along with our main phone system. I'm now connected via USB Verizion Broadband.

I've gotten all our systems up, with a lot of help from my team. Waiting on VMware to call me about an issue. Had hell with EMC this morning getting the SAN back up and running. If you understand any of that last paragraph, you're a huge geek like me!

On the home front - we have our roof protected with a cover now, so we don't have to worry about rain. We have extensive water damage, and the house got knocked crooked by the winds, the front door no longer opens and closes properly, windows are physically pushed into the house, everything is a mess. I got our fence mostly repaired yesterday and trimmed the storm damaged trees as best as I could to keep them from rotting. I have one tree that is fallin down, and I don't think I'll be able to save it from death.

Kids don't seem too affected by things, but my oldest has not come home to find out his beloved trampoline is gone either.

I managed to play some Call Of Duty online last night before bed, so things are sort of getting back towards normal. We still don't have power, and the Cable Modems are still down everywhere.

Hope everyone is having a better week than we are out here.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hey! PSonic here. Glad to see that your family made it through everything unscathed. Sounds as though you've got some major repairs to do. I really hope everything comes out okay for you all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters