Friday, September 19

Normal?

Things are starting to get back to different degrees of normal around here. My parent's hosue now has electricity and the cable modem is back and working. My house has neither of these, and currently Centerpoint Energy is saying next week sometime, maybe later. Of course they said the same thing about my dad's house.

I was supposed to meet with a roofer yesterday, but he never showed up, I have an appointment with him at 10:30 AM today. We do have tarps (or 30 mil plastic) covering the dmage now. But the house looked terrible after the storm.



And while there are folks out there a lot worse off than my family, this is still very trying. I can't get into my routine. And it is the intangibles I miss. Yesterday I found an open Taco Cabana near my house and had some really good Beef Enchiladas, rice & beans. Felt really good to do something familiar like dine at a counter service resturant.



I've priced out a replacment trampoline, it is $139, the safety net is $89, and a set of spikes to hold it in place are $20. Didn't know they made spikes for these things. My son was, and still is very upset about the hurricane demolishing his trampoline. "Daddy, why did the hurricane break my trampoline?"



I started back to work on Monday, we didn't get power at the building till Tuesday. It has already failed once since then, and we didn't get AC back till late Wednesday. I took this really pretty sunrise photo from my parent's back yard on Tuesday morning.



The rest of these photos are kind of random, just various destruction and damage I saw. Some of it is my house, some other folks houses.









Labels: , , ,


Comments:
That's some rough going you've got there. I would imagine it'd be hard to track down a roofer with what just happened in your area.

Ike really did a number on that trampoline! Would your homeowners insurance pay for a replacement? Just a thought.

Hang in there!

PSonic
 
I met with a roofer today, the entire roof is over 40% damaged, so it will get replaced.

Don't know yet if the insurance will pay for the trampoline, but it is well documented, just in case.

Thanks for the kind wishes. I'll get it back to normal soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters