Tuesday, July 10

Comcast is horrible!

Ok, I think I've posted more problems with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) than anything else on this blog. So recently here in the Houston area Time Warner was taken over by Comcast.

I tried the 1-800-COMCAST # and got disconnected by them, with a message that they are too busy to talk to me right now.

Then I tried to start a Chat Session online, I started out 20 minutes ago #60 in the queue. Now I'm #45.

So I e-mailed a buddy to see if he had a local Comcast phone #, and he sent me a local # 713-341-1000.

It took a couple of tries to connect. When I did get through, I got a very rude young woman, speaking ebonics, who needed to "axe you how yo network be setup". After a little fun banter, and being told that I was "Rudely interruptin me", I figured out that I needed the Comcast DNS server IP addresses to setup DNS at my house properly on my server. Bitch woldn't tell me, and when I asked to be transferred to a higher level tech, she said "OK", then disconnected me.

So I've been disconnected at least 5 times now.

Holy shit! Time Warner could be a pain in the ass, I even fired them once when they put me without internet for 21 days. But SBC (now AT&T) DSL was much worse. However, they have been coming to my house, trying to sell me Fiber uVerse service, maybe it's time to jump ship again.

I've called again, this time to sales, told them about this problem, and that I would like to order some service that works, and some support that is not rude and hangs up on me when I ask for something reasonable.

Sales transferred me to billing. Billing transferred me to tech support. Tech support transferred me to National tech support. They can't tell me, but said it was e-mailed to my Road Runner e-mail account. Great, I've never had a Road Runner e-mail account, never bothered to set it up as I use GMail. He got me logged in, but the info is not there yet, it should show up in a couple of days.

Meanwhile, I got through to the Chat, they were no help either:

McKinley(Tue Jul 10 17:27:11 CDT 2007)>The DNS addresses are supposed to be automatically detected as we do not have the addresses to give out.

I'm also going to check when I get home and be sure I have set my server to use OPEN DNS instead of their crappy, secret COMCAST DNS Servers.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters