Wednesday, November 15

Don't know what to say about that...

Except "Thanks."

Came back from a branch trip last week to find a printed page on my desk informing me of a "Staff Development - Mandatory Meeting" that was to be held yesterday from 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM.

Great, I hate meetings.

So yesterday about 4:15 PM a tour bus shows up outside the office to pick us up for the training. On the bus we go, and in comes the bank president/owner.

Says, "I'm sorry to say there is no training tonight. You guys have been working really hard, and I just wanted to find a way to say 'Thank-you', so this bus is taking you to the Houston Galleria for dinner at the Cheescake Factory, then I have an envelope for each of you with $200 and you are going shopping after dinner."

Needless to say I'm floored. It was great, had a really good meal, bought outfits for all my kids Build-a-Bears for the Christmas season, The SIMS 2 Pets for my wife's Nintendo DS, Gears of War and Dead or Alive Extreem 2 for my XBOX 360.

This job just gets better each day.

Labels: ,


Comments:
They have a branch around here? ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters