Friday, October 13

New job update

New job is great.

Got to order a new HP laptop, got a massive monster of a system, 17" widescreen, Core 2 Duo processor, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD. Thing rocks.

I'm in a temporary desk right now while my CUBE is being built out. Relearning the joys of cube living in a regular office. Heard one of those funny sentances start up just now over the wall:

"Back when I had my teeth..." started the conversation on the other side of the wall.

Yeah, this is going to be a blast!

I'm having fun getting to know the network here, getting reacquainted with some old friends and settling into a great job.

Oh, and the commute. My last job was 22 miles from home and took an hour and fifteen minutes in the morning on average and an hour and a half at night. The new job is 20 miles from home, and takes forty-five minutes in the morning and about forty-five minutes in the evening for a net time saved of about a hour a day. That's five hours a week. 250 hours a year saved with two weeks vacation figured into the mix. Wohoo!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters