Saturday, September 23

Wow, that's cold!



With twins that are nearly three months old, to say that things around here have gotten crazy would be about as much of an understatement as I could possibly make.

On Wednesday night I put a warm beer in the freezer, with the intention of drinking it after the only cold one left in the fridge. Got up Thursday morning, and the wife is in the kitchen, says, "You forgot a beer in the freezer last night."

So here is my frozen beer, a little colder than even I like.

I haven't been posting as much as I would like, I've been busy both at work and outside of work. Doing as many projects at work that would give me good experience with Microsoft Exchange and Blackberrys. Wanted to pad the resume a little.

Which leads to my big announcement of the day, I'm changing jobs. I'm going into banking! It seems that one of my old banks got bought by Wells Fargo, the owner in turn started a new bank, buying four smaller banks. Two of the banks he bought were my old banks. As a result, when they started looking for someone to come in and work full time on their IT systems, my name came up for the job.

It is really great to have people come to me and say, "We're so happy with your work from the past, we want you full time now for our business." At the same time, I'm a bit intimidated by the task at hand. They have been merging banks, domains and other things for weeks, and there is bound to be a lot of cleanup, fixing and redoing things to get everything ship-shape and running smoothly.

I'm really excited about the challenge. I'm sure I'll be posting more when things settle down.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Woohoo! Congrats! Now if I could just be as fortunate...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters