Wednesday, August 9

Greedy Oil Companies

Ok, this monring on the way to the office I stopped at Exxon to get gas, coffee and some cookies. Normal thing for me a couple of mornings each week.

Today was not normal, my Speedpass would not work, not outside at the pumps, not inside at the register. So I paid with a credit card and drove on in to work.

Called Speedpass when I got to work, nothing wrong on their end, they can transfer me to Exxon customer service.

Get on the phone with Exxon, somehow my July payment was $14.00 short. Guess I typoed on my Electronic Bill Pay. So, without any warning, or adding the total to my August bill, they cut off my account.

Ok, I can see if I was way behind. I could see if I completely missed a payment. I could see if I was a new customer. But I've been a customer there for over five years. I've never missed a payment. And they didn't even send me a letter saying, "Hey, you shorted us $14.00, pay up or else." What a bunch of assholes.

Our Exxon bill runs $200-$400 per month. Thats $3000-$5000 per year.

Exxon made $10.4 Billion Dollars last Quarter. That is: $10,400,000,000,000.00 in profit for three months. That is about 743 Million times $14.00.

So they cut me off for 1/743,000,000 of their quarterly profit. Yeah, way to make your customers satisfied.

ExxonMobil quarterly profit at $10.4B

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters