Tuesday, May 30

What I did on my Summer Vacation, Day 1

By The Dren:

I'm on summer vacation this week folks. But I'm at that great age now, where I stay home and do stuff around the house. So here is my report, on what I did over my summer vacation. Just in case any little kids are reading my blog, it will help them in August when they have to write their papers in school this fall.

8:00 AM - Woke up. Great thing about getting up at 5:30 AM each day - when you are on vacation, sleeping till 8 is late. Ate some left over muffins and a Coke Zero.

9:00 AM - Started the yardwork for the week. Spread about 8 bags of much, redid the edges out front. Then it started raining about 10:20 - But my dad showed up then to help with a project in the house.

10:20 AM - Cut a hole in the wall between the master bedroom closet and the dead space under our stairs. Adding some storage space. Project went pretty well with dad's help. Even managed not to make any huges messes for the wife to complain about in the closet.

Noon - Dad headed home. Took a break, went to Sonic and got a hamburger, onion rings and orange slush. Health is my main concern here. Then came home and watched a Stargate Atlants from March on the Tivo while I ate, yeah, only a little behind on watching TV.

1:0o PM - Started the wiring in the closet and stairs. Been wanting to add an outlet halfway up the stairs since we moved in three years ago. Had to pull down some existing Romex and rewire most of the closet to get things ready, then figured out I didn't have any light fixtures for the new storage area.

3:45 PM - Took a shower and got ready to go pick up Mister Man and head to the Post Office and Home Depot.

4:15 PM - Stopped at the Post Office and sent of an XBOX memory module for some friends from Clan Easy Frag.

4:45 PM - Stopped by Mom and Dad's and got Mister Man. He was happy to see me.

5:15 PM - Took Mr Man to Home Depot and got a cover plate for the new setup in the closet, and some cheap incandescent light fixtures for the new storage area.

6:45 PM - Cooked a Red Baron Pizza for the family. Drank a couple of beers, ate the pizza.

8:25 PM - Put Mister Man to bed. Going to eat some Apple Pie and play Video Games till my eyeballs hurt.

Almost forgot, I got a book to read this week, I'll read a chapter before I hit the sheets tonight. There is a link to buy this incredible book, "If Chins Could Kill - Confessions Of A B-Movie Actor", it is the autobiography of Bruce Campbell, star of Evil Dead, Bubba Ho Tep, and frequent guest star on Xena and Hercules.

If Chins Could Kill by Bruce Campbell

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters