Tuesday, November 22

How was your day?

Ok,

Had another typically great day in IT today.

First client - is a large hospital in the Houston Medical Center where we are replacing 550 PCs over the next couple of months.

Forgot to take a pen from the staging area to the work area. Went to the nurse's station and asked, "Do you gals have a pen I can borrow? I forgot mine, sorry." They gave me a pen and a ditry look. Then they called the guy supervising at the hospital and told him that I had been offensive because I referred to them as "gals". No shit. Fucking old wrinkled bitches would have been a better reference I guess.

Lost my parking card at the hospital and got chewed out by the boss for being late.

Next client is a title company. "We haven't been able to get this PC to work in months." So I plugged it into the wall. Nice to come out and bill someone $150 plus travel because they are stupid.

Next client is a retail store. They have SPAM in their webmail client that is provided by their corporate office. They want me to make it stop. Another $15o for stupidity. Another big emergency I had to rush to and fix nothing.

Next cilent. Electrical contractor. Tried to upgrade Quick Books from V 5 to V 6. They are in a Terminal Service environment. Big mistake on their part. Had to roll them back so they could start working again. Tried to save some money by not calling us first. Now they are out $300 for my two hours and they didn't get things upgraded.

Last stop of the day, the offfice. That motherboard from Dell mysteriously appeared and I got it installed. It works. Get to take it to the client tomorrow.

Did get some good news today. My wife is knocked up again!

Wohoo!

-The Dren

Comments:
Plugged it in and billed $150... love it!

Congrats on the knocked up wife. Hopefully it's yours ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters