Saturday, October 15

More Real Life Adventures

Ok,

Had to work today. Not a big deal. But I decided to go to Burger King for breakfast and try out their Enormous Omlette Sandwich, and the Turbo Joe coffee. Both were excellent. I won't have to eat or consume caffene again till tomorrow.

But on to my Real Life Adventure. The person in line before me was hispanic, and I would venture to guess from Mexico. She had what appeared to be a couple of grandkids in tow. She apparently only spoke Spanish. This was causing problems with ordering and completing the payment transaction as the cashier (looking to be a white high school aged girl) apparently only spoke english.

At some point in her frustration of not comprehending that her credit card was declined by the payment system, the old woman looks at me and says something in Spanish.

I looked her in the eye and said, "Sorry, I only speak English. If I lived somewhere like Mexico, I would learn to speak Spanish. Maybe you should learn English if you want to continue to live here."

Now, I know she did not understand everthing that I said. However, I am rather certain that she got the gist of my message by the dirty look she gave to me before turning back to the cashier.

After the old woman got out of earshot, while I was placing my order, the cashier smiled at me and said, "Thanks".

I told her she was welcome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters