Saturday, September 24

I'm on a Mexican Radio

What does he say?

(A little Wall Of Voo Doo as my wind up radio seems to tune Spanish language stations better than English.)

9-24-2005 / 2:35 PM

Went out for a drive about 1 PM. Nothing is open, folks are starting to come back to town. Neighbors got in around 11 this morning. There is no power in any of the parts of town I drove through. No gas, no ice, no nothing for sale.

Had a massive fight with the wife. Close quarters with no A/C and nothing to do seem to make us cranky.

My lead tech from work called to check up. He was out in Katy, TX. For the storm, and got no rain and only a little wind. He said the power was back on at his apartment, so he was heading back there. Still no word on power here. He does not know what our schedule is, and one of our customers that is on Galveston Bay vanished last night, he has not been able to contact
them since 6 PM yesterday. Looks like a fun week coming up at work.

The boy is having a fun day. I put his fort back together and back out in the yard. It is still windy, but I don't know that we will

see much more rain. Think we got maybe 1/2 of an inch. Things are just not that wet out there. Looks like I'll be dragging out the sprinklers and hoses once the wind dies down so I can water the lawn.

Ate some cold Spam-a-roni and Cheese and a Coke Zero for lunch. Think maybe I'll have a slice of cheese cake, or some M&Ms and take a nap.

2:45 PM - I was just lying on the sofa, relaxing. Then I heard my 3Com Audrey Internet Terminal make it's welcome sound. Man, like a flash, my wife was up and trying to get the AC turned back on in the house. It took me a couple of minutes to reprogram the day and time on both thermostats and get things running. But we have power again, so about 8 hours without power and we are back in business now.


Power, sweet, cooling power. Posted by Picasa

Comments:
The wife and boy came back yesterday. This is a semi-anonynmous blog, so I don't normally refer to them by name. It is also why all the photos from my house are taken facing away from the house.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters