Friday, September 23

I woke up,

Fell out of bed,
Dragged a comb across my head...

(Yes, more Beatles.)

Woke up at about 8:30 this morning. Went to bed about 1 AM. A day where I get to sleep late, and I wake up out of habit.

Hmmm... What day is it? I've been off for two days, so it should be Sunday. But wait, there is that hurricane thing, so it must be Friday or Saturday. Let's see, went to work three days this week, off one day, must be Friday. Ok, so it's agreed, Friday is the day.

Should I get up, or just lie here. A ringing phone has my immediate attention, guess I will be getting up.

It is my wife, she and the boy are coming home. Looked out front while we were talking, no newspaper for the second day in a row, she doesn't have one there either.

Turned on Channel 13 to watch the local news and find out what is happening.

This is the basic rundown:

1. Traffic to evacuate is still bad everywhere.
2. Bus in Dallas exploded, killed a bunch of hospice patients.
3. One idiot arrested in Galveston for trying to surf at 4 AM.
4. Four houses have been looted in Galveston.

The media is also trying to goad people in and out of the government to blame for problems with evacuations. Way to go media! Go for causing anger and distrust during this calamity.

Emptied the dishwasher, filled it back up, baked some Bran Muffins (don't want hemmorhoids or constipation when the electricty goes out and the plumbing becomes unreliable), started a pot of coffee.

I need a nap.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters