Sunday, July 3

A Trip To The Movies

Made a rare trip to the movies tonight with my lovely wife. We have a new Cinemark near our house. Went to see High School dropout, Tom Cruise, in War Of The Worlds. The movie was great, and I made some new friends.

Just before the previews started a group sat next to me, a teenage couple, boy and girl, in that order, to my immediate left. Started talking nonon-stop. Talked through the previews, then talked over the opening monologue of the movie. I noticed that my lovely wife was clearly as agitated as I was, so I leaned over and spoke with them myself. "If you guys want to have a conversation, you need to go sit someplace else. I paid $9.00 to get in here, an I want to hear the movie, not you." I hadn't gotten any kind of a look at them up to this point, and I think I must have surprised the shit out of them, because they shut up for a good five minutes. While I was talking to them, I realized that they were young kids, and it looked like Mom was sitting on the other side of the girl. After the five minutes of silence, Mom and the Boy switched spots. Still, got mostly silence throughout the movie.

Moral of the story? Don't be afraid to tell the assholes to shut up. Maybe you will get lucky like I did and they will.

War of the Worlds

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters