Tuesday, May 10

Need Help WIth Peachtree Accounting 2005

Ok, has anyone else seen this error message in Peachtree Complete Accounting 2005?

"/!\ Another Peachtree user or workstation is accessing this company area or performing a similar company process. Please wait a moment and try again. If you believe you received this message in error, have all users exit Peachtree & try again. [Retry] [Continue] [Help]"

The server is Windows 2003 SBS, the clients are all XP SP2.

There is nothing in the Peachtree knowledge base, and their support is no help.

Is this an actual problem, or is this just a feature of poorly written software?

Comments:
Still having trouble with this? Isn't Peachtree made by Best Software? I think I might have an idea as I use some other software by Best (BusinessWorks). Does the software use the PervasiveSQL database software? Is there a "dbregister" program in the Peachtree program folder (or start menu folder)? Run it. I'm not at work, so I don't know the exact buttons, but there's a button there for resetting/showing users connected. It'll say that nobody's connected, but reset them anyway, and it should kill hanging connections to the database.

If not, you're on yer own, I just know I've seen very similar errors in BusinessWorks, so I thought I'd throw it out there.
 
Thanks Jake, but that does not look to be the problem. No Pervasive SQL installed. And I was hoping that would be it, I have lots of Pervasive experience from the last job.
 
Bummer....just thought I'd try :-)

One of these days I'll know something you don't ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters