Tuesday, January 25

Why I will be pirating more music:

Ok, I tried my first LEGAL music download on Sunday morning at They Might Be Giants online store. I wanted to get the live album, "Almanac" from last summer's tour, plus they are giving away the songs they wrote for each venue if you buy it now.

Don't know how I managed to do this, but I managed to order one of their early albums, "They Might Be Giants", instead of "Almanac". I didn't notice this till after I had downloaded things and looked at the Album Art file, and found it to be wrong. Only then did I look at the track names to discover what I had done.

So I sent their customer service a message, explaining my mistake, and wanting to download the album I really intended to purchase.

However, their tech support has told me that I am Shit Outta Luck since I already downloaded the music.

I have to pay another $9.99 to get what I actually wanted to buy, and now I've paid $9.99 to get an album that I already have.

I know Giants is using another company to host this service, but I'm not impressed. I could have just pirated the whole thing off the Usenet. I'd already have the tracks, I wouldn't be out $9.99, and I wouldn't feel like I got ripped off by some oddity of downloading music.

Yo, ho, ho, it's the Pirate's life for me!

They Might Be Giants - Artist Owned and Operated

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters