Tuesday, December 21

Last Week Sleep, This Week, Insomnia

Must be letting the paranoid side of things get to me tonight, can't sleep...

New job is totally awesome.

On Friday the boss came in handing out Amex Gift Cards to the staff. Since it was my fifth day there, I didn't expect to get one. He gave me one anyway. $100. Not a bad way to end the first week, but that was not the end. Friday night was the company Christmas party, and we were invited to attend. I dressed up sharp in a new dark red shirt and mint green tie, all Christmassy, and my wife wore a nice leather skirt and red top, again quite festive. When the boss and his wife (picture Gabrella from Desperate Housewives) showed up, they had a White Elephant game to setup for the crew. We ended up with two $25 gift cards for local resturants and a really nice cut glass Christmas ornament. Oh, there was incredibly good food too, I almost finished the Mile High Ice Cream Pie.

Blood sugar Saturday Morning, 288. (A good reading is 85-100)

Then Saturday started feeling rotten, flulike symptoms. Turned out my mother-in-law and sister-in-law were having similar problems. Looks like the boy brought home a treat from daycare.

Went to bed at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon and didn't get up till about 8:30 Sunday morning. Still felt like crap all day Sunday.

Got keys to the shop today at work. Shortly before accidentally crashing a server that I was checking out remotely. (Status, Disable, why put them so close together M$?) Still having a great day, been playing with Microsoft's new IM server and Virtual PC all day. Learning a lot of cool new stuff in the past six work days.

So what's my problem? Now that I have things rolling my way for a change, I'm wondering what will go wrong with the equation. Know I shouldn't really worry about things too much, but I'm so used to a lot of excess bullshit that I'm not quite sure how to live without it around.

So I came upstairs to unwind. Ripped a few CD's, think I'm in the 95% area of being done ripping. Just some classical stuff and a few discs that were not in the CDDB database. And it took my mind off my lack of actual problems and imagined problems for a little while. Worked like a charm.

Comments:
Man, you've got a great job, fun boss, and things are going great, and you're whining?!? Damn, man, I wish I had your "problems" :-)

Just enjoy it, man. Sitting there waiting for the bad stuff to happen is just going to cause you to miss out on a lot of life -- and we both know you've already missed out on enough.

Have a Happy Holiday, man!
 
You're probably right Jake. Just seems so alien for me to have so many things going well at once. Are yall gona have a white Christmas up in bend this year?
 
The mountains just up the road are full of snow, but the ground here isn't. It's supposed to snow this weekend, but don't know if it'll hit before the 25th. Have a happy holiday just the same, and for cripes sakes, enjoy it! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters