Wednesday, November 17

Women

I love my wife. But she is nuts.

This morning, as I was headed out the door, I realized that the boy had pooped himself with nasty, runny, liquid poop. So I gave him a quickie bath, got him clean clothes and a clean diaper, and out the door I went.

Every morning I call my lovely wife after I drop his butt off at day care to let her know that he got there fine, and that I didn't zone out and drive him to the customer site that day. (I have never done that, I would like to say in my defense.)

So this morning I call her and tell her what happened. What does she want to know? Does his new outfit match? "I don't remember", I tell her, "I just grabbed the first pair of pants and shirt that I saw." She then proceeds to question me about what color pants, which shirt, etc.

When I point out that he is barely over 11 months old, and it is not critical for his clothes to match, she tells me that it is important that his clothes match, else the other kids might make fun of him at school today. So I gently reminded her that he is one of the oldest kids in the room at 11 months, and most of their vocabularies consist of Ma, Da, Ba. Don't really think that the other kids will be making fun of him just yet.

Still she insisted that I should have gone to great lengths to make sure his clothes matched, insuring that the other kids would not make fun of him.

Women are funny.

Comments:
HAHAHA! I've been there, man, and I feel your pain. My wife's hillarious that way, too, about clothes, and has started arranging stuff for me in the closet so that it matches for the few times I'll get them dressed in the morning. I will still pick out the mis-matched clothing, however, just to piss her off ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters