Sunday, November 21

Updating Everything

Or at least everything I can think of right now.

1) Worst ISP - I've now been on SBC DSL for a whole week. So far, so good, only real compalint is that they have a bunch of the alt.binaries where I download TV shows and stuff blocked. The Tivo messed up Lost and Despearate Housewives last week, and I needed to play catch up online. Had to go to my folks house and borrow a Usenet account from another buddy to get them downloaded. My folks still use the Worst ISP

2) SBC DSL Rebate News - They sent me a postcard in the mail for a two month rebate. Still don't have my 4 free movie tickets.

3) The Boy - He spent a week at his Mimi's (grandma) house while he had Pneumonia. She went out and bout about $300 of new toys, including a Ball Walk, so he was playing and playing all day. He had tubes put in his ears last Monday, and he is clearly hearing much better. He is at his Mimi's for the next two nights because I have to go out of town for work.

4) The Wife - Best one I could have. Little worn out, but she really loves being a Mommy, and is a great one too.

5) The Job - I know I spend about half my time on here bitching and moaning about the job. It's a shame, I'd like it to be more rewarding and less taxing. I really like the other techs where I work, and my bosses have their moments. But the company overall seems stuck in an ancient "Good Old Boys" culture, and too set in it's ways to change or improve. (We've always done it that way, it always worked before, so we're not changing.) We're even trying to hire more folks it would appear, I saw a job posting on Dice that looks like our company the other day.

6) The Car - Had a bad battery. Was a royal pain in the ass to find a new battery. Had to go to Tommie Vaughn Ford to get the battery. Man do they ever have a parts warehouse. Freaking huge.

7) Washing Machine - Stupid Whirlpool Calypso is burned out. Motor is bad, pump is bad. Two years old and it is dead. $400+ to repair, $800+ to replace. Going to replace it with a new GE high capacity washer. Also found a Class Action Lawsuit for Calypso owners on the internet while looking at Epinions.

8) Google Desktop Search Engine - Loaded on my laptop and my Windows 2003 server at the house. It is pretty cool, but causes problems when using the MMC on the server, have to shut it down to do server managment. Currently have ??? files indexed and searchable on my laptop and ??? files on the server.

9) Jack Daniel's - Got a personalized "Form Letter" from the e-mail I sent them about changing their formula. Basically said they were not changing back. However, since I've pretty much switched to Jack Daniel's Single Barrell, and it is staying at 94 Proof, I'll probably loose interest and forget the formula changed on the original. I've still got a couple of bottles of the 86 Proof black label in the liqour cabinet, maybe I should sell them on eBay.

10) Project Gotham Racing 2 - Still playing this on XBOX Live a bunch. My online rank is currently Level 29, offline I'm close to scoring gold and unlocking the Mercedes. My online position as of 10:00 PM is 4696 of 260,485 players, number of races completed is 1,795, Total Kudos is 3,021,270, or about 1,683 per race. Total miles driven is 14467.0, Time Playing 291 Hours, 57 Minutes, 23 Seconds.

11) Future Vacation Ideas - Ok, now that I've ridden the tallest, fastest, steepest roller coaster in the world at Cedar Point, Six Flags has announced that they are building one 36 feet taller, the Kingda Ka. Guess I'll have to go to New Jersey and ride this thing when it opens.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters