Monday, November 29

Time For A Change

Gave two weeks notice at the job this morning. After much consternation I decided to start looking for a job about six weeks ago. Found one that is similar to what I am doing now, but will not be in banks, just for regular companies. All the things I was looking for, better hours, no travel, more pay. It still took a lot to decide to change though, I really like the field techs where I have been working, and will miss hanging out with them. However, the travel was reaking havoc with my family, just last week my wife and son spent two nights at her mother's house because of my travel schedule. I ended up spending those nights alone at home. Not really the reason I got married and had a kiddo. The new job says they only travel about 1 day out of each quarter. This sounds good. They also start at 8:30 AM instead of 8:00 AM which will make it easier for me get my son to school/day care in the mornings. My mom has been helping with that quite a bit, and I can tell she is getting worn out from all the helping. Finally, I got a raise for changing companies. Hope it works out, I'm looking forward to some change and meeting some new people. Hope the old job takes it well, I'd really like to stay on friendly terms with everyone there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters