Sunday, November 21

Stupid, Arrogant Record Companies

Got the new Velvet Revolover CD recently. Stupid thing installs what is basically Spyware to keep the fucker from being ripped on my PC.

$15 and I can't do what I want with My Music.

Think I'll look into copying all my CD's from the Usenet now. Won't feel guilty either. Thank you RIAA, RCA and BMG for making me a music pirate.

Here are two sites with info on how to combat this shit:

CD3 Copy Protection Removal

�Copy Protection� on the album Velvet Revolver: Contraband - Features - features.engadget.com ++

UPDATE:

Ok, I sent a simple e-mail to their tech support:

"How do I remove your software from my computer?"

Here is the response I got from techsupport@sunncomm.com

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your purchase of the Velvet Revolver CD and apologize for any inconvenience.

Please note that MediaMax was designed to manage and safeguard the copyrights of specified artists' CDs while giving you an enhanced visual and listening experience. It does not interfere with or impact any of the normal operations and/or functions of your computer.
Rob
SunnComm Tech Support


What a bunch of arrogant fucks. I sent another e-mail:

That's nice. It's my computer. I want it removed. Won't play any
more of your CD's on my computer. Won't buy any more CDs with copy
protection. How do I remove your software?

Oh, in the meantime, I figured out how to defeat their software:

Remove the file SbcpHid.sys from the directory windows\system32\drivers

There are some references to it in the registry, but I did mess with zapping them. Next I put the CD back in the drive while holding the SHIFT key to avoid the Autorun. Then I ripped the CD using Music Match. Then I copied it to my Music Server. Stupid arrogant fucks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters