Sunday, November 28

More great Dell Tech Support

I think that the Tech Support form Dell that claims to be award winning, must be winning them awards from the phone company for really high WATTS (Toll Free) line bills. Called to get support for the 20GB Dell Digital Jukebox that my lovely wife got for Christmas last year. It has been malfunctioning.

Called the 800 number and entered the "Express Service Code" number from the back.

Waited on hold for about 18 minutes. Finally someone comes on the line and confirms my identity, gets the "Service Tag" number, verifies my address, phone number and e-mail address. Then says, "Oh, I see you have advanced support for this. Let me put you through to a higher level tech quickly."

My call has now been connected to Dell for over 50 minutes according to the call timer on my phone. Express? Quickly?

Guess time runs more slowly in India.

UPDATE:

Ok, after 60 minutes on the phone, I finally got through to a tech. Spent about 20 minutes having me reset the unit, update the firmware and defrag the HDD.

Good servive, too much of a wait.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters