Monday, October 25

Weekend Update

How was everyone's weekend? Mine really started on Thursday, and sucked. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on things, but sometimes I need a day off to recover from my weekend.

On Thursday the wife took the boy (10 1/2 Months old now!) to the doctor. He's been sick almost since we got him home from the hosptial with some sort of respritory problem or pink eye. Now he has "bilateral pheumonia". Whoopie. My wife is freaked out, and he can't go to school for at least a week. One big problem with that, my folks are out of town, they live close by and would usually help out with a problem like this. Since we have to work, the wife is staying with her mom this week, so is the boy. Leaves me here alone with two dogs, a cat and a big empty house. What fun.

On Friday I only had to work half a day. Sounds like a good poblem to have, doesn't it? Only catch, had to get a CT (cat) Scan on Friday at 4 PM. Now here is how this works. You show up an hour early, after not being able to eat since breakfast. Now they give you a little over a quart of barrium suspension. This is a radio active compound that lets them look at your innards. In particular for me they are looking at my pancreas and gall bladder. They are afraid that gall stones could make me sick again, and I have a "pseudo-cyst" on my pancreas that needs to go away or eventually they will do surgery on me to remove it from my body.

My car has been having trouble starting, so I checked all the engine fluids, found the battery was a little low, so I added water. It started better after this.

Oh, drinking the barrium suspension will give you the worst case of the gassy shits you have ever had in your entire life. So for Friday night and most of Saturday put me down for a visit to the toilet about every 90 minutes.

Saturday was relatively uneventful till the end of the day. I puttered around the house, got a haircut, worked on the server here, discovered that the Home Theater PC is broken, hangs at the first screen after the Windows XP Pro greeting. Figured out in Safe Mode that it is something wrong with COM+. Need to work on that some other time. Got the server into the closet and running well. Still waiting for some memory from eBay to arrive.

Also, the cable guy came out, this is my third visit from the Worst ISP. Did lots of testing, the cable is good to the peg, good all the way from the cabe modem to the peg, the cable modem is good, it must be something between the peg and their central office, someone will work to fix it tomorrow he says, they are off on Saturdays.

Rained a little. Cable modem completely quit working while it was raining.

Saturday night. Clothes washer jammed up on the wife. Checked it out, the owner's manual (Whirlpool Calypso), says it is a clogged drain hose. Looked at it for about half an hour, and decided to work on fixing it on Sunday. Guess mowing the lawn will wait till some other day.

Watched 28 days later with the wife. Not as good the second time around. Still entertaining, just not as good as the first time.

Sunday - W Day - worked on fixing the washer. Removed the drain hose. About 20 gallons of water from the tub drain to the floor. Hmm... should have bailed out the tub first. 1 gallon, 1HP Shop Vac is not cutting the mustard. Head to Home Depot, get a 3.5HP 9 Gallon Rigid shop vac. This thing sucks, sucks great, gets all the water cleaned up quickly. Guess I know what the wife got me for Christmas this year.

After the wife and the boy left for her mom's, I started to go to Target to get the weekly supplies. Guess what, car battery is dead, won't start. So I cleaned all the terminals really well. Noticed one of the factory wire harnesses is really fucked up and will need to be replaced soon. Wonder how long it is and how long that will take me. Put the battery on the charger and went inside to clip coupons and watch the news. Thirty minutes later it started. Went to Target and got all my stuff done.

At bedtime the Cable Modem is still not working well. The Worst ISP Speed Test still shows a 128k to 256k connection for my cable modem.

This is just a little of the weekend, the most signifigant parts. I need a day off today to catch up from the weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters