Sunday, August 8

The Road Warrior Returns Home!

Got home around 10PM last night. Ate another healthy meal (Flamin' Hot Cheetos & Diet Dr. Pepper) in the car so we could get home faster. I think my work buddy is just plain clueless. Kept saying all the way home, "I didn't want to leave so late, I didn't want to get home Saturday night." I just didn't have the energy to start a fight by saying, "You should have called for the extra help the office offered." Shit, we could have been home by midnight on Friday with a couple of extra bodies. Instead I got home late on Saturday, after my boy had gone to bed. Didn't get to really see or do anything with him till he woke up around 7 this morning.

It was so nice to sleep in my own bed, take a shower last night in my own shower, have some coffee that didn't taste like old sneakers this morning.

Which reminds me, if you ever go to Terrell, Texas, do not by any means stay in the LaQuinta there. I mean this completly and honestly. They place was infested with crickets and silverfish, the ceiling in my bathroom was caving in, and the room smelled like mildew. On top of that they were out of butter for the waffles one morning, and their breakfast buffet has no variety. I guess it is ok if you are there one night occasionally, but when you are there for most of two weeks, they food starts to look pretty nasty. On top of that, they had the worst coffee I have ever encountered. I don't think I could make something called coffee that tasted that bad if I tried. I went into their breakfast preparation area one morning when I couldn't stand the coffee to pour it out in their sink. I discovered that they are using "Members Mark" coffee. What the hell is that? I'm paying $70+ per night and you serve shit coffee. Sent a complaint to LaQunita's "Tell Us How We're Doing" web page.

Dallas is an ok city to work in, but they are funny. Everyone there had something bad to say about Houston and why they would never live there. I think they are just angry that now they are the third largest city in the state, behind Houston and recently San Antonio. Oh, and they really don't like it if you point that fact out. :)

We saw H. Ross Perot on an escalator in the Dallas Galleria. Guess he has to buy underwear and such somewhere.

The Dallas Hard Rock is still the coolest one I have ever been to in terms architecture, it is in an old church, but it looks like an old courthouse. They also have the world's worst Elvis impersonator. He looks like Andy Kaufman, but sings like me.

That's all the shit to report from this trip. With any luck I'll be abducted by aliens soon and not have to travel.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters