Tuesday, August 3

Being a road warrior sucks.

Woke up about 3:45 AM this morning and had to piss. Realized after hitting the head that it was pointless to go back to bed for 15 minutes. Took my shower last night. Not feeling very motivated, just brushed my hair till the bedhead look was minimal. Threw on some jeans and a polo. Took my shit out to the car after putting my insulin and alarm clock into my luggage. Traveling with insulin is fun, have to keep it cold, so I have this little pouch with a freezer bag in it, and my insulin and my syrenges. My flight was at 6:00 AM from Houston, Hobby to Dallas, Love Field. Got to the airport parking garage at about 4:50 AM after leaving the house at 4:30 AM. Got my suitcase checked, had to show my ID to get my boarding pass and have them check the bag. Got to the security line at 5:00 AM, as instructed, one hour before flight time. Fucking closed. That's right, they were closed. Lots of folks sitting there on their asses, only letting in the flight crews. Finally, at about 5:15 AM they opened. Had to show my picture ID again, and my boarding pass. Last time I flew I just about got a full body cavity search when the metal detector went off on me. So this time I emptied all my pockets, took off all my jewelry, my shoes, my belt and considered removing my pants. After I went through the line, they took my little knife that is shaped like I key. However, I was allowed to keep my 12 insulin syrenges. I guess since I have a prescription for them, I won't be using them to kill anyone on the flight they think. Next, they guy starts in on me, I need to show him my picure ID and boarding pass (didn't I just do that when I got in this line?), then goes on to mention that he wants to see a credit card, ssn card, urine and blood samples. Tired of this shit, I looked him in the eye and said, "I'll give you a semen sample right now if you like." Shut the fucker up, and he let me go on my way. I was at the airport so early that there were none of the complimentary coffee or donuts available. I just went to my gate so I could be first in line. Go the good seat on the exit row with all the leg room. When I got to Dallas, it was hotter and more humid that I really want to talk about, however, I did find the coffee and complimentary donuts. As an added bonus, my suitcase was the first one down the chute at the baggage claim area. My buddy was about 1/2 hour late picking me up, Dallas traffic sucks as bad as Houston traffic evidently. Now I'm here, had to take an extra large dose of insulin due to the stress shooting up my blood sugar. Maybe I'll even do some work today. Right now I'm off to find some breakfast.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters