Monday, January 26

HP/Compaq Tech is an Idiot

Ok, I'm troublshooting the problem with adding storage to my array, I have Compaq on the phone right now. I explan that I have one RAID 5 container of three 18.2GB drives, with two Partitions, one 10GB, one 24GB. The brilliant Compaq tech informs me that we are missing 20GB or so of storage because three 18.2GB drives makes 54GB. So, I asked him if he waas familier with how a RAID 5 array works, and that you loose one drive in your RAID 5 to pairty. This seemed to be news to him. Kudos to Compaq, they ship jobs overseas, their chairwoman claiming that Americans aren't well enough educated or smart enough to hand jobs here. Maybe next week they will fully discover RLL drives there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters