Wednesday, December 24

Microsoft, you still suck...

Trying to upgrade my server this morning from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. The install program tells me to remove the Windows 2000 Administrative Tools. Well, you can't remove it in Add/Remove programs, it is not listed under Windows Components. It is installed from a file in the \i386\ directory called adminpak.msi

Got Tech Net on with my "Online Chat" that is part of my $350/Year Tech Net subscription. Seems that they do not know how to remove it either. Good planning.

Update: Well, it took over an hour, and they kept sending me to Windows 2003 support pages, but then they finally found the proceedure to remove the adminpak.msi from a Windows 2000 server. Good thing Microsoft has employees that know their product, god only knows how long it would have taken if their employess did not know the product.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters