Saturday, December 13

Dumbest customer ever?

Ok, late yesterday, I'm working on the phone with a customer in another state who has a virus problem. I realize that the best thing for me to do is to take control of her computer remotely and do the work.

So I'm giving her our url to type in so she can get to our online support. Our web address has a dash. She says the web address isn't working. So I had her read it back to me. First she has one letter wrong, in such a way it makes no sense as it no longer spells an pronounceable word. I had her fix that. Still does not work. So I have her read the name back to me again. Turns out she has a dot where the dash goes. I tell her it needs to be a dash to work. Then she asks me what has to be the most shocking question of all time.

"What does a dash look like?"

What the fuck? It looks like a minus sign. Then she tops the first question by saying:

"Oh, you mean the forward slash."

No, I mean the fucking dash. It should be on your keyboard, just to the right of the 0 key.

"I still can't find it, I'm going to need to get someone more familier with computers to work with you."

Now, that's a relief. However, what I really require is someone familier with the English Language and it's common Punctuation Marks.

Where do they get these coonasses and why do they send them to me?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters