Wednesday, July 30

Subtle differences...

So this morning at Starbucks, while I was getting my coffee, the sales girl asks, "Would you like to try one of our sconces today?" I thought about it for a second and asked in reply, "When did you start selling lighting fixtures?" She said, somewhat puzzled, "We don't sell lighting fixtures." I replied, "but you just offered me one." She said, "No I didn't, I offered you one of our sconces, blueberry, lemon or cinnamon chip." I asked her if she realized that a sconce was a lighting fixture, and what she was selling were scones, a subtle, but important difference. She just looked puzzled. I then gave up and ordered a cheese danish.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters