Wednesday, July 30

Please, be on time...

Spent yet another part of my morning at a customer site, waiting for them to show up. Second day in a row I have shown up at 8:00 AM sharp, and the customer knew that I was coming. However, it was unimportant for them to be there on time to meet me. On top of that, both days, it was not important for them to tell anyone else that I was coming, or where the equipment that I needed to complete my job was located. So I got to sit in the lobby, drinking coffee and reading the paper. Not that I am against reading the paper and drinking coffee. However, the same customer will call my boss when they get their bill for the time I spent waiting on them and ask why they are being billed for me being there. You're being billed because you agreed to meet me at 8 AM, Central Time, at your office. If you are not there, you are wasting my time, and being billed for it as well.

Want me working, be there, or make sure that someone there knows I am coming, and have the parts ready. If you cannot do this, make the appointment for later in the morning, then I get to sleep in, you don't get billed, and everyone is happier.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of people who will never get their time back from reading this page:
Counters